The Registration Service Desk is located inside the Gordon Field House. Please follow signs and look for staff and volunteers in marked t-shirts. Registration staff will be on hand to process group admissions. Please remember to bring your confirmation email and photo ID with you to badge pickup. If there are any problems with your registration, please have a staff member escort you to the Registration Service Desk to handle your case. Badge Pickup and Registration Service Desk Hours are:
|Friday, March 18, 2022||7:00 PM - 10:00 PM|
|Saturday, March 19, 2022||7:00 AM - 6:00 PM*, 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM|
* Registration will move to the information booth at Campus Center after 6:00 PM.
Notice: Tora-Con 2022 attendee registration will open on Friday, November 19th. Registration will be open until February 24th 11:59pm EST, or until badges are sold out. Please stayed tuned for the link to register.
- Early bird price: $35 until Dec. 9th
- Regular price: $38
Registration has closed early since badges have sold out. Thank you to everyone who bought a badge to Tora-Con 2022!
A Minor MUST be registered to a Supervising Adult. Please purchase the Supervising Adult Badge FIRST
Note: There are no Minor Waivers for Tora-Con 2022. Instead, of submitting a Minor Waiver this year, we will have wrist bands for minors instead. Minors should have their wrist band visible on them at all times during the convention hours.
Policies may change. If needed, our policies regarding COVID-19 may change per RIT's policies. Be sure to check back frequently. Provided is the link to RIT's COVID-19 response policies: https://www.rit.edu/ready/rit-safety-plan
To better protect the RIT community, large-scale indoor public events will have additional safety requirements (https://www.rit.edu/ready/event-safety-guidelines). Large-scale indoor public events are defined as any events that have the potential to host 400 people or more in one venue at one time and when non-RIT community members (local community, parents, alumni, athletics fans, etc.) are expected to be in attendance (event is marketed to the public). All attendees 5 years of age and older (including RIT faculty, staff, students, and their families) must provide proof of vaccination. The full guidelines are included in the RIT Safety Plan. Proof of vaccination and photo ID will be checked at badge pick up or day of event.
- Attendees under 18 years of age are considered Minors, please review the "Minors" section below.
- Badge transfers are not possible. Due to prior misuse of the badge transfer process, Tora-Con no longer allows badge transfers.
- Refunds and upgrades are not possible.
- Your payment will be under “RIT” on your billing statement.
- If you are prompted to use an RIT account and do not have one, please enter your personal email at registration.
- Registration will remain open until February 20th, 2022 at 11:59 pm EST or until maximum capacity is reached.
- Due to limits imposed on us by our university, we are unable to accept any at-the-door registrations.
- The Attendance Cap will be 1,500 attendess.
- Group Registration will only be available to pre-approved groups. There are no discounts for group registration. Contact our Registration Coordinator if you have a large group (6 or more).
- Attendees can pick up badges for other attendees during badge pickup ONLY if they have the confirmation email and a handwritten, signed and dated note from the badge owner.
- . In past years, we have seen counterfeit Tora-Con badges being sold. Tora-Con will not respond to any requests to authenticate claims of Tora-Con badges being sold through third parties. Anyone who purchases a badge from a source other than our website (www.toracon.org) does so at their own risk. This includes reselling of valid badges purchased from our website. Tora-Con accepts no liability for the purchase of a counterfeit/resold badge and reserves the right to confiscate any such badges and to revoke access to the convention.
Please check our FAQ or contact our Registration Coordinator if you have any questions.
All minors age 5 and over MUST be vaccinated.
Anyone under 18 is considered a Minor and must be accompanied by a Supervising Guardian who is of 18 years old or older. A Supervising Guardian must also purchase a badge separately to accompany the Minor during the convention. Only the Supervising Guardian's photo ID will be necessary for badge pickup.
For Tora-Con 2022, instead of Minor Waivers like previous years, we will have wrist bands for minors instead. Minors should have their wrist band visible on them at all times during the convention hours.
A Supervising Guardian may accompany no more than 5 Minors.
Minors who are 5 years of age or younger are admitted to Tora-Con for free. Please contact our Registration Coordinator for 5 and under registration.
All registrations must be completed prior to the closing of general registration.
In order to prevent overcrowding at convention venues, Tora-Con has an attendance cap to limit total attendance on any single day. Total number of badges sold for Tora-Con 2022 will be:
We strongly recommend that you purchase your badges online if you wish to attend Tora-Con 2022. We have been known to sell out of badges and there will be no day of registrations, so get your badges soon.
In order to comply with our university standards, an attendee must register with their legal name that matches the name given on the photo ID. If you are purchasing a badge for another person, please put down their name while purchasing their badge and not your own.
Legal names will be printed on the badge in a location difficult to immediately read, however there will be a space to write down whatever name you prefer on the badge. Badges will be considered void if this name is cut off from the badge. You may make a comment during your registration to inform us of your chosen name that you would like to be addressed during badge pickup.
If you are a current RIT student, you may register with the name printed on your school ID.
If you are in the process of a legal name change, please register with your current legal name. Contact our Registration Coordinator to update the name on the badge if your legal name has changed between the time of purchase and the convention date.
If you wish to inform Tora-Con of a special needs request such as ASL interpreting services, there will be an option to make a note of it during your registration. You will be emailed with further information as the date of the convention approaches, but you are not guaranteed to receive the services requested. You may also contact our Registration Coordinator directly.