See everything Tora-Con has to offer or stop by for a single day - pick the badge that's right for you! Get yours before we run out!
Full Weekend - $30
Saturday Only - $25
Sunday Only - $20
A Minor MUST be registered to a Supervising Adult. Please purchase the Supervising Adult Badge FIRST.
Please contact our Registration Coordinator if you have any questions.
- We have changed our policy on registration for attendees under 18 years old. Please review the “Minors” section below.
- Refunds and upgrades are not possible.
- Badges can only be received during the convention. Badge mailing is not possible.
- Your payment will be under “RIT” on your billing statement.
- If you are prompted to use an RIT account and do not have one, enter your personal email.
- Registration will remain open until February 24, 2019 at 11:59 pm EST or until maximum capacity is reached.
- Due to limits imposed on us by our university, we are unable to accept any at-the-door registration.
- The Full Weekend Attendance Cap will be 2700 attendees. Saturday Only and Sunday Only admissions will be capped at 300 each.
- Group Registration will only be available to pre-approved groups. There are no discounts for group registration. Contact our Registration Coordinator if you have a large group (6 or more). Please note: Supervising Guardians may only accompany up to 5 Minors.
- Attendees can pick up badges for other attendees during badge pickup if they have the confirmation email and a handwritten, signed and dated note from the badge owner.
- Tora-Con does not endorse third-party sales of any badges. In past years, we have seen counterfeit Tora-Con badges being sold. Tora-Con will not respond to any requests to authenticate claims of Tora-Con badges being sold through third parties. Anyone who purchases a badge from a source other than our website (www.toracon.org) does so at their own risk. Tora-Con accepts no liability for the purchase of a counterfeit badge and reserves the right to confiscate any such badges and to revoke access to the convention.
Anyone under 18 is considered a Minor and must be accompanied by a Supervising Guardian 18 years old or over. A Supervising Guardian must also purchase a badge separately to accompany the Minor during the convention. A Supervising Guardian’s photo ID will be accepted for Minors with no photo ID of their own. The badges of a Supervising Guardian and their accompanying Minors will be grouped together at the Registration Service Desk.
A Supervising Guardian may accompany no more than 5 Minors.
Minors under the age of 5 are admitted to Tora-Con for free. Please contact our Registration Coordinator for 5 and under registration.
All registrations must be completed prior to the closing of general registration.
In order to prevent overcrowding at convention venues, Tora-Con has an attendance cap to limit total attendance on any single day. Total number of badges sold for Tora-Con 2019 will be:
Full Weekend: 2700
We strongly recommend that you purchase your badges online if you wish to attend Tora-Con 2019. We have been known to sell out of badges and there will be no day of registrations, so get your badges soon.
In order to comply with our university standards, an attendee must register with their legal name that matches the name given on the photo ID. If you are purchasing a badge for another person, please put down their name while purchasing their badge and not your own.
Legal names will be printed on the badge in a location difficult to immediately read, however there will be a space to write down whatever name you prefer on the badge. Badges will be considered void if this name is cut off from the badge. You may make a comment during your registration to inform us of your chosen name that you would like to be addressed during badge pickup.
If you are a current RIT student, you may register with the name printed on your school ID.
If you are in the process of a legal name change, please register with your current legal name. Contact our Registration Coordinator to update the name on the badge if your legal name has changed between the time of purchase and the convention date.
The Registration Service Desk is located inside the Gordon Field House. Follow signs and look for staff and volunteers in marked t-shirts. Registration staff will be on hand to process group admissions and Supervising Guardian/Minor admissions. Please remember to bring your confirmation email and photo ID with you to badge pickup. If there were any problems with your registration, please have a staff member escort you to the Registration Service Desk to handle your case. Badge Pickup and Registration Service Desk Hours are:
Friday, March 22, 2019
8:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Saturday, March 23, 2019
8:00 AM - 12:30 PM*, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Sunday, March 24, 2019
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
* Registration will pause during this period to set up for guest signings. Attendees will still be able to line up during this transition but will be unable to receive their badge until after the setup for signings.
** Registration will move at 6 pm on Saturday to the Information Booth located in the Campus Center.
If you wish to inform Tora-Con of a special needs request such as interpreter services, there will be an option to make a note of it during your registration. You will be emailed with further information, but you are not guaranteed to receive the services requested. You may also contact our Registration Coordinator directly.